Billionaire Harvey Boulter’s case returns to the High Court

Apr 26, 2022 | Billionaire News

Harvey Boulter

Billionaire Harvey Boulter, a British tycoon and farm owner based in Namibia, made a brief court appearance today at the Kamanjab Magistrate, where the murder suspect was supposed to be informed of the prosecutor general’s final decision in his case, but instead was told that his case would be transferred to the Namibian high court.

Harvey Boulter is facing various accusations coming from a shooting incident in which the manager of his Outjo area game farm, Gerhard van Wyk (54), was critically wounded on 27 February last year at Boulter’s property, which is located between Kamanjab and Etosha National Park. He is charged with murder, illegally possessing a weapon and ammunition, and perverting or obstructing the course of justice.

According to his sworn statement given at his bail hearing, the 52-year-old said that the shooting happened following an argument at his property during a braai. He also claimed that he was assaulted by Van Wyk and his son before a shot was fired when Van Wyk snatched a revolver that Boulter was holding against his chest. Van Wyk was subsequently hit in the abdomen by the bullet and died on his way to the hospital.

Harvey Boulter, who was released on N$500,000 bond, is scheduled to appear in court on May 19, 2022, for the Prosecutor General’s final judgment on the prosecution in his case.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.